Our customers can avail from us a comprehensive range of books on Cosmetic & Herbal Technology with Process and Formulations. Our books are widely acclaimed by their attractive designing, clear printing and easy language.
Herbal Cosmetics consists of herbal based products such as Shampoos, Hair dye, Shikkai
Powder, Cream rose skin toner, Skin lotions, Herbal scrubs, Face pack, Hair oil etc.
Herbal cosmetics are particularly preferred since they are eco friendly and would not
provide allergic reactions to the skin and the body.
Some of the important herbs and substances required for making herbal cosmetics include
* Alcohol * Cleavers
* Allantoin * Cloves
* Almond * Comfrey
* Aloevera (Ghee Kanvar) * Corn Oil
* Alum (Fitkari) * Corn Milk
* Amla(or IndianGooseberry) * Cucumber(Khira)
* Angelica * Dandelion (Kanphul)
* Apple * Eggs
* Apple Cider Vinegar * Elder
* Apricot(Khubani) * Emulsifying wax B.P.
* Ascorbic acid * Eyebright
* Avocado * Fennel
* Baby Oil * Fuller’s Earth(Multani Mitti)
* Basil (Tulsi) * Garlic
* Beeswax(Madu Mom) * Gelatine
* Benzoic acid * Glycerine
* Bergamot * Groundnut oil
* Betony * Gum resin
* Bicarbonate of Soda * Henna(Mehandi)
* Blackberry * Hollyhocks
* Borage * Honey
* Borax(Suhaga) * Jasmine Oil
* Bran (Chokar) * Kaolin
* Brewers Yeast(Khamir) * Kelp
* Calamine Lotion * Kohi
* Calendula * Lanolin
* Camomile * Lavender
* Camphor * Lecithin Powder
* Canophor Oil * Lemon
* Carrots(Gajar) * Lemonbalm
* Castoroil * Margosa(Neem)
* Celandine * Marigold(Ganda)
The herbal cosmetic products are used for beauty care, skin care, hair care, body care.
The manufacturer has to obtain Licence under State Drug Control Act and mfg.
practices have to be strictly according to the act and the guidlines.
Creams and emulsions are all basically mixtures of water, oils, waxes and fragrances
perfumery products in varying proportions.
A slight change in the quantities in the preparations changes the character of the
preparation and one should be careful when measuring the ingredients.
Generally most of the creams are basically made in the same way and hence when
measuring the quality the following rough equivalents should be kept in mind while
formulating the product.